As per Statcounter, Windows and Mac globally hold 2nd and 3rd place in the OS (operating system) market share. The higher demand necessitates multiple tests. In order to run Android on your Windows PC, there are numerous Android emulators obtainable on your browser web stores.
For example, Android developers can debug their applications, gamers can enjoy games (like Android RPG games, and a few other gacha games for Android) on a big screen and the list goes on. This article lists the most popular 11 Android emulators for Windows 10 and 11 in 2022. To aid you with picking the right emulator, we’ve also listed their traits or features and requirements.
Click here – 6 Tips For Improving Exploratory Testing
What is an Android Emulator?
Android Emulator for Windows is an AVD (Android Virtual Device) that is designed to represent any particular Android features on PC. Windows Emulator is chiefly used as an environment or platform to run and implement the Android app on the system. Android emulators on Windows Personal Computers open up a world of possibilities. Its use usually depends on the user’s requirements. An emulator is often used for playing games, yet you can also execute any Google Play Store app. Regular users may like to use the Android Operating System on a Windows or Mac PC with a keyboard and mouse. It’s high time to depend on an Android emulator to make sure you can execute Android apps on Mac and Windows Pcs with no hitch.
Some Android emulator use cases
- For testing app development
- For playing mobile games on a PC
- For boosting productivity
Why do we necessitate Android Emulators when we have Android Phones?
Android mobile phones are creative, portable, and useful; however, when it comes to regular usage or for using them for extended hours, they can’t match PCs. Here, the Emulator comes into the limelight as it enables us to create a bridge between the Android device of the users and the PC’s strong resources. It aids to reduce the lags of Android games, and lets users get the right to access computer controls. It chiefly lets the users use all their smartphone traits on the PC and a much bigger screen.
- The users get a similar feel to their Android device on their PCs.
- It will have a huge display and therefore have better controls to use apps on PCs.
- Unlike Android mobile phones, users do not require to worry about battery life issues. They can utilize Android traits in their Computers with infinite battery life.
- The computer gives the capacity to use more apps at one time which is a very beneficial feature.
- PCs are highly robust and powerful than Android gadgets and can handle higher-definition videos and games at a decent speed. No performance glitches linked with it on the PC.
- Unlike smartphones, Computers are more robust and rugged, so users employ them for movies and games with zero risk of getting damaged.
Android Emulators are becoming famous as they offer a good workaround for folks who don’t have high-end Android gadgets with better configurations. They also give access to all mobile apps from Computer. Users can play manifold games at a time with higher performance.
Click here – Is There A Future for BPM?
How Do Android Emulators Function?
Android Emulators function on the standard and principle of entire platform virtualization for both software and hardware. The Android Virtual Device manager assists the user to set up and perform the configurations for AVD. It has information on the system image, device type, or ABI (application binary interface) and verifies the configurations.
In simple words, Android Emulator is branded for mimicking the real device hardware. It entirely assists to translate the ABI to match the host gadget. Then the user incorporates it with the OS (operating system) and runs it like an app or program on their PCs. In a few cases, the translation of CPU configurations is complex and can be time-consuming, so it is better to have the similar guest as well as host CPU configurations.
The following steps need to be followed to install an Android emulator for Windows 10/11:
- Open your Browser and visit the Web Store. All android emulators are accessible on these stores, or you can download them straight from the browser.
- After that click on the “Download” button (highlighted in green), and it will begin downloading the app file.
- Run the app and follow the guidelines for the installation to install the app. The installation might take a while to fetch information about the emulator.
- Launch the application after installation and sign in with your Gmail account.
The best Android emulator for Windows and Mac
To make the lives of QA engineers more resilient and easier, we have compiled the list of the 11 best Android emulators for Windows. After re-evaluating the list, you can choose the most appropriate emulator for your company, saving money and time in the long term.
LambdaTest is a leading automation testing cloud platform that allows you to test your application on an online device farm of more than 3000+ devices & OS combinations. They provide online Android emulators to execute mobile application tests & mobile browser tests at scale. LambdaTest can test any web app or Android app on Mac & Windows in a matter of minutes. You can also straight upload .zip,.apk, or .app files onto its cloud servers, making it lesser archaic & allowing for the fastest testing. Apart from Mac and Windows, you can also make use of an Android emulator for Linux for app and browser testing.
LDPlayer offers a suitable Android emulation system. It gives ample comprehensive traits to fulfill everything which is performed by any Android gadget. LDPlayer is a comparatively recent and one of the better Android emulators for Mac, Linux, and Windows that prides itself on faster gaming performance and optimization. It has traits counting keyboard mapping, high-frame-rate gaming, and gamepad support.
The “Multi-Instance” job is the best shot, as it lets you launch multiple games on your PC screen at an equal time. Additionally, as this emulator converts the games from Android to Windows compatible, one can enhance the competence of your Android games by increasing the graphics and FPS.
- You can download Android Games as well as apps from pre-installed Google Play or LD Store.
- It automatically assists you to manage your gaming.
- Provides customized control with mouse and keyboard.
- It lets you open multiple games at once.
- Provides Virtual Phone Model, Function Instruction, Network Bridging, Device Optimization, Data Recovery/Backup Gamepad Support, and Game Troubleshooting
- Minimum system requirements for installing LDPlayer – NVIDIA GeForce, Intel, or AMD Processor x86 / x64
- Play popular games such as Clash of Clans, Garena Free Fire, Arknights, Ragnarok X, 5th Anniv, Bang Bang, etc.
- Available for Windows XP XP3 / Win10/ Win8 / Win8.1 / Win7
- It gives complete customer support via Email
It is a game for Android customers only. While the android emulator is great for using Android applications and getting the complete Android experience, it’s perfect for playing large-scale games like Justice League or PUBG. It is one of the popular Android gaming emulators.
Using the NoxPlayer, one could easily map the gamepad, keys on your keyboard, and mouse. You can also make use of keyboard keys to execute movements, like swiping right or mapping shortcuts. To attain the greatest gaming outcomes, you can also specify your RAM and CPU use in the options.
- All gaming controls on the gamepad, mouse, and keyboard are easily accessible with one click with its emulation.
- It allows several functions to operate simultaneously, enabling you to play various games all at once.
- It has a macro recorder to record complicated jobs and the capacity to run the script in a single click.
- As it runs on Android 7, it gives better performance and user experience.
BlueStacks is a famous Android emulator. It is the most popular and best android emulator for computers that gives customized key mapping for keyboard configurations. It aids you to improve your reaction time and target while playing a game with the mouse and keyboard.
- You can play various games at the same time.
- Record as well as replay any activity in real time.
- It lets you do screen recordings and video recordings.
- Gives High FPS, Performance Modes, Native Gamepad Support, Performance Modes, Trim Memory, High Definition, Script, Utility & UTC Converter.
- Available for Mac, MS Windows 11, and Windows 10 (version 1903 & above).
- Play famous games such as The King’s Return, Zombie War, State of Survival, MARVEL Strike Force – Squad RPG, RAID: Shadow Legends, Evony, Arknights, Merge Dragons!, Tower Defense, Noah’s Heart, Frost & Flame: King of Avalon, Star Trek Fleet Command, Land of Empires: Immortal, The Lord of the Rings: War, Summoners War, and Kingdom Maker.
Genymotion is a developer-lone Android emulator online for Computers, yet it isn’t a general-purpose Android emulator. The emulator for windows lets one test applications on a series of simulated devices running multiple Android versions. Android Studio and Android SDK are both supported by the android emulator. It is also compatible with Linux and Mac OS X.
As Genymotion is geared toward software programmers, it comes with a slew of software developer-friendly traits & is one of the better options for users who are willing to test Android apps on their System.
- Genymotion is the best multi-platform Android emulator that lets you test quicker, share live demos, and keep a track of entire performance across numerous devices.
- It supports higher-definition pixel compatibility, letting your mobile application be shown on platforms with exceptional clarity.
- It lets users’ forward gyroscope & multi-touch events from any Android phone to their Computers.
- It also records screencasts of the user’s virtual machine using the PC’s webcam as the video source.
It is a relatively new Android emulator for the Computers. It has a better gaming experience. However, Phoenix OS provides a desktop-centric interface & comes with Google Play Services, although updating such services may often be a hassle. That means one could easily access all of Google Play Store’s games and applications. This also runs a relatively current version of the Android operating system, Android 7.1 for an emulator. This android emulator can be downloaded straight from its site, plus its forums can be found on XDA-Developers.
- Phoenix OS was now released with Android 7 assistance, making it much speedier concerning performance.
- It is well-known for accelerated gameplay with 30 or more frames each second and low system needs.
- It offers outstanding customer service and is routinely upgraded.
- It provides a pleasant visual interface that appeal to users all around the globe.
MEmu is simple to install an Android emulator application. It is the most popular and best android emulator for the System which offers support for AMD and Intel chips, as well as dedicated and integrated graphics. It is one of the perfect Android emulators for windows. MEmu is also the most powerful open-source/ free Android emulator for PC gaming. It is famous for its higher performance and excellent user experience. It lets users’ level plentiful accounts for the same game or concurrently play multiple games on a solo account. It has around 20 million members in over 200 nations, speaks approximately 20 languages, and is still emerging.
- It is as an Android emulator that lets users play open-source Android games with various improved graphics.
- It provides a simple installation procedure and can play mobile phone games with a mouse, keyboard, or gamepad.
- It offers you the alternative to generate a custom Android emulator or application distribution to match your corporate requirements.
- It lets users share files between Windows and Android devices. MEmu also features a drag-and-drop selection for rapid APK installation.
It is a multi-support Android emulator. The software assists you to accelerate testing and sharing live demos. You can also examine performance across every device. It gives a lot of customized traits for users to meet their needs. It can emulate 3000+ virtual Android device configurations such as screen size or Android versions. It has robust sensors, such as multi-touch, GPS, etc.
- It provides higher-definition pixel compatibility, which gives great clarity on your PC.
- Genymotion is the best Android emulator for Linux that lets you for testing the products in a secure and safe virtual environment.
- It lets you use a PC’s webcam as the video source for recording screencasts.
- This Android emulator for Ubuntu is competent in emulating more than 3000 Android device configurations like the Android version and screen size.
- This emulator for Mac has robust sensors, such as GPS & multi-touch.
- Simulate User Context And Actions, Automate & Save Time, Provides Compatibility,
Scalability, Performance, and Choice
- Minimal system requests for installing this emulator – NVIDIA or AMD GPUs
The default software developer terminal (IDE or integrated development environment,) for Android is Android Studio. Android Studio comes with a series of tools to help developers to build Android-specific applications and games. Besides, it turns out that there is a built-in emulator you can utilize for testing your game or app. From time to time, we utilize the emulator to trial new Android versions.
Even though the setup is somewhat implicated, it is by far the best and most feature-rich alternative on this list. You can execute stock Android, download applications from the Google Play Store, tailor keyboards and launchers, and imitate any gadget size or form factor.
- Multi-functional emulator with an easy to use graphical UI and a set of beneficial functions.
- It lets the user tailor the emulator window theme.
- It lets users use multiple applications at the same time and snap screenshots whilst using the system’s apps.
- Based on the Java programming language, this emulator has a higher functionality and performance.
Droid4X is a famous and recognized Android emulator for Windows PC that lets users run mobile applications and games directly on their PCs. It’s well-known for being a dependable and stable emulator that can run efficiently and smoothly on the desktop with the least system requirements, making it prominent amongst other Android emulators.
It works with the other well-liked and popular games on the Google Play store. It enables you to record the emulator screen for upcoming use.
- It gives an entire user experience on a PC and functions smoothly with touchscreen PCs.
- For easy game configuration, Droid4X supports the gamepad and keyboard.
- Users can make use of the emulator’s recording traits to capture anything that occurs on it.
- Users can tweak the controls to suit their requirements and download the app straight to the emulator.
ArChone is an authorized App Runtime for the Google Chrome package. This smooth Emulator can run any Android application as a ChromeOS application. ARChon runtime allows you to run a limitless number of Android APKs formed with chromeOS-apk on Chrome OS & amid any PC platform that supports Google Chrome.
- ArChone is very lightweight as it is integrated with Chrome.
- You can utilize ArChone with all operating systems.
- It is the best Linux Android emulator that gives complete support for the newest Android system.
- This emulator Linux can be used for all Android games and apps.
- ArChone is available for Chrome OS 64-bit
- The minimum system needs to install this Emulator – is Intel x86 Chrome 64-bit
- It gives customer support via ARChon Issue Tracker and Reddit Community
These are some of the most popular and accepted Android emulators that you can run on your Android app on Windows. However, choosing the right Android emulator is critical. Manual steps are not required for Android emulators. Each of these emulators has its own significance and set of system requirements. Besides, the performance of these emulators would be straight based on the specification of your PC.